Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Realisation

Good evening all,
Welcome to the latest installment of CCC. Tonight, I have included my latest LO, which, I don't know about anyone else, but I am loving! The photo was taken at my best friend's wedding (I was her matron of honour... or whatever newage funky title they use these days, coz MOH sounds soooo old!!!).
And here are a couple of closeups...

LOVE the Prima butterflies... so pretty!




So there you have it. I felt a little more in possession of my mojo after completing this LO. I have made a realisation over the last couple of days... I believe I lost my mojo because I was trying to hard to emulate other people's styles that I have seen, and love, but that haven't been 'me', or my style. It's kind of depressing not being able to do things you love to look at in the same way as the original artist, but I think it's important to remember that I have my own style, and that I need to embrace that. I need to do what I feel comfortable doing and follow my instincts to be happy with MY work. Makes sense, doesn't it?


So, whilst I hope you like my LO, I'm not going to stress anymore, because I love it, and that is what is important... not whether it gets picked up for publication (which would be awesome, but is not the reason I love to scrap).


Okay, that'll do for now... I have a few challenges from around the place that I'd like to get stuck into, so best be off for now!

Thanks for looking. Warmest wishes, Catie xo





2 comments:

  1. I love your style. I love that there is a treat fro the eyes all over this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one is absolutely gorgeous Catie!

    ReplyDelete

Site Search